Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To Live Is To Fly

Life can be complicated, it's true.  But we don't have to buy in to all that.  In fact, with cars, mortgages, clothes, etc., we do buy in and they add stress with whatever bonuses they give.

On the flip side, I spent a month living on a utterly remote island in the northern Andaman islands off the east coast of India (but closer to Burma and Thailand).  http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asia/andaman.htm  Just a hammock and building fires on the sand were my companions.  And skin infections from coral cuts, but I'll go into "Mosquito Coast" details later.  It was completely off the grid and a great tool for adding perspective, one which I learned a lot from and added much meaning to my life.

I hope that everyone gets a chance to "live without time" at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Living without time is one of the best things to do. Every time I travel that is the one most important thing i look forward to =)

    ReplyDelete